What personally identifying information do we collect on the Alert Site, and how do we collect it?
- There are only two circumstances in which we ask you for personally identifying information:
- If you "request a quote" through our "Contact Us"/quote request form.
- If you ask to receive our e-pharm/alert® e-mail announcements.
- If you request a quote on a program or ask us for "additional information," we ask you for your name, company, title, company address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail.
- If you want us to send you the requested information via e-mail, you need to provide your e-mail address but not your phone or fax.
- If you want us to call you with the requested information, you need to provide your phone number but not your fax number or e-mail address.
- If you want us to send you the requested information by fax, you need to provide your fax number (and your doing so constitutes express permission for us to fax you the requested information at that fax number) but not your phone number or e-mail address.
- If you tell us in the "additional information" box that you want us to add you to an e-mail list of ours or of one of our affiliates, you need to provide your e-mail address.
- If you ask to receive our e-pharm/alert® announcements, you will be asked for your e-mail address, name, company, department, title, cell phone number and fax number. You do not have to provide your cell phone number or your fax number to receive e-pharm/alert®.
How do we use the personally identifying information that we collect?
- If you have requested a quote for one or more programs by e-mail, Alert or JHI will send the information you requested to you at the e-mail address you provided, and JHI or its list vendor(s) may send you (a) announcements distributed by Alert, (b) newsletters published by Alert, JMI, and/or their affiliates about developments and opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry; and (c) advertisements and promotional messages for other pharmaceutical products and services offered by JMI and by other companies. JHI may also provide your e-mail address to its affiliates and others in the pharmaceutical field who offer products and services that may be of use to you.
- If you have requested a quote for one or more programs by fax, Alert or JHI will send the information you requested to you at the fax number you provided.
- If you have requested a quote for one or more programs by mail, Alert or JHI will send the information you requested to you at the street address you provided.
- If you have asked to receive e-pharm/alert® e-mail announcements and you have provided your e-mail address, we will forward your personal information to JHI and JHI will send you e-pharm/alert® e-mails at the e-mail address you have provided. JHI also may send you (a) announcements distributed by Alert (b) newsletters published by Alert, JMI, and/or their affiliates about developments and opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry, and (c) advertisements and promotional messages for other pharmaceutical products and services offered by JMI and by other companies. JHI may also provide your e-mail address to our affiliates and others in the pharmaceutical field who offer products and services that may be of use to you.
- If in the "additional information" box, you ask to have your name added to a mailing list, JHI will add your name to the particular list to which you want your name to be added.
- If in the "additional information" box, you ask to have your name removed from a mailing list, JHI will remove your name and mailing address from that particular mailing list.
- If in the "additional information" box, you have asked to change your mailing address or your e-mail address on a particular list, JHI will update your information on that list.
Are there any other ways in which personal information that you provide on the Alert Site might be used or shared with third parties?
- If Alert or JHI is required to disclose your personal information by any applicable law, court order, or government regulation, it will comply with such law, order or regulation.
How can you correct your personally identifying information?
To keep your personal information accurate, current, and complete, or to contact Alert for any other reason, please contact Alert through the "Contact Us" link on the Alert Site or at:
Alert Marketing, Inc.
160 Chubb Avenue, Suite 304
Lyndhurst, NJ 07071
How can you be sure that your personally identifying information is secure on the Alert Site?
JHI takes reasonable steps to protect your information as you transmit it from your computer to the Alert Site and to protect your personally identifying information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Alert Site may not be secure. Moreover, where you use passwords, ID numbers, or other special access features on the Alert Site, it is your responsibility to safeguard them.
What about links to other Web sites?
If you are a California resident, how can you find out the names of any information brokers or any other third parties with whom Alert or JHI shares your personal information under California Privacy (Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575 et seq. ("Cal-OPPA")?
Send a request to email@example.com and within thirty (30) days, we will provide you with that information.
How will you know if this policy has changed?